Monday, July 8, 2013

Keely's Big Girl Bedroom Makeover!

I am in the process of making over my 7 year old daughter's bedroom so that it is more "Big Girl".  She loves to read so I wanted her to have a cozy spot to relax while she dives into her books.  

  
Here's what I did...



My parents had this beat up, old love seat sitting and wasting away in their shed.  It was my great-grandma's.  I brought it home and stripped off the old, yucky fabric.  Then I gave the wood a light sanding. After sanding, I spray painted it turquoise (paint which was left over from the chairs I previously painted.  Yay!)


It had a big tear in the padding so I filled it with stuffing and laid a fresh sheet of batting over the entire seat.


My daughter chose this fabric and  I stapled it on to the seat.  I pulled it tight and stapled all the way around. 


I also added batting and stapled fabric to the back rests and arms too.  Then I took some fluffy trim and hot glued it on to hide the staples and unfinished edges.


And there you have it!  A perfectly pretty reading place for my little bookworm!
Think about the endless possibilities of making over old seating.  Have fun!








No comments:

Post a Comment