Sunday, September 16, 2012

Owly Party Favors


I've been very busy!  15 little owl party favors completed!


Here's what I did...

I drew a simple picture of an owl and cut it out to use as a pattern.  Then I placed the pattern pieces on my fabrics and cut them out.  I stitched the wings on first (using a zig-zag stitch), then stitched fleece and felt on for the eyes.  I  hand sewed the buttons on the eyes. Next I put them right sides together and stitched around them leaving an opening at the bottom to turn them.  I filled them with stuffing and hand stitched them closed.  They were really easy to do but making this many was a job!



My pattern consisted of...
* 1 front and 1 back body shape (corduroy, velvet, heavy fabrics)
* 2 wings (cotton)
* 2 fleece circles for eyes (white)
* 2 felt circles for eyes (any color)
* 1 triangle nose (cotton)

I used ALL scrap fabrics to make these little cuties.  All of the fabrics are left overs from outfits I made my daughter or stockings and quiet books I've made over the years.  I had a ton of stuffing too.  The only thing I had to purchase was a $3 bag of buttons for the eyes.



Im still not entirely sure how the kids will receive these little favors at the party.  I'm thinking that each owl will be assigned a number tag.  Each kiddo will receive a separate number tag.  The owl will be assigned to the kiddo who has the matching number.  I'm hoping that the kids won't squabble over who gets which owl!  We may go on a hunt to find them.  I may put them in gift bags...I'm still figuring that part out.


Hopefully the kids will love adopting a little owl.  I may even make an "adoption certificate".  Each owl is unique and special just like the kids who will be adopting them!  

No comments:

Post a Comment