Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Spring/Summer Window Decor

First of all, let me apologize for these pictures!  They are pretty bad, I know.  It was a very sunny day so no matter what I did, the window acted as a mirror.  I tried to blur out images of the parking lot but this is the best I could do with what I had to work with.

I did a really simple window painting display at my son's preschool and thought it could be something fun to do at home as well.  If you find yourself feeling crafty and want to jazz up your own windows, just grab some acrylic paints and get started.  This was super easy and didn't take long at all.  I painted on the inside of the window because I wanted it to last through the summer, but you could paint on the outside and just hose it off when you are tired of it.  


I usually draw my design out on butcher paper and tape it to the outside of the window to use as a guide.  I did this with the larger flowers so I knew where to place them but then I freehanded the rest in.
(This is a shot from inside.)



Another inside shot.


This shot is from the outside.


I thought these simple flowers were happy and whimsical.


I have also been known to do window paintings for my children's birthday parties too.  They think it's awesome!


I know most people don't paint huge window displays, but honestly I had never done it until last October.  It's kind of fun.  And it really is cheap.  I thought you may be able to add some fun and whimsy to your own windows the next time you are feeling creative.  Happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment