Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Did Somebody Say Fancy?


Check out this adorable (and easy to make) t-shirt!  I am planning a "Fancy Nancy" party for my mom, Nancy.  I want all of her grandkids to be fancy, of course!  My first thought for the boys was to purchase tuxedo t-shirts but they were way over my budget.  I came across a tutorial for these appliqued tie onesies on crapivemade.blogspot.com and I decided to give it a try.  I followed the tutorial but had to enlarge everything to fit older kids.  I am happy to say that the shirts turned out great, my boys are super excited to wear them and I know my mom will adore them too!  Best of all, they act as party decor and they are a party favor that the boys can actually use again. What a concept!




I used the template from the tutorial and just drew a slightly larger version of the tie pattern on some scrap paper.


T-shirts were purchased at Michaels for $2.50 each and I picked up some fabric and Heat-n-Bond at JoAnn's.  I decided to get out the sewing machine and stitch the tie on as well.


I ended up buying too much fabric (as usual) so I added a fabric band to the top hats!  Turned out pretty cute, huh?



Check out my very fancy and very handsome son Cash!  He's ready to strut the catwalk!


My little one Gage looks quite debonair as well.  Don't you think?

These shirts were so easy and turned out so cute I just might make a few more.  You know, for those days when my boys feel like being extra fancy!





1 comment: